It remains the core function of the Service and Witness Commission to ensure that the spiritual and physical service and care for one another and for all needy and suffering people receives attention. The commission should arrange in an organised manner the Congregation’s responsibility to proclaim the gospel to the community in which the church lives and works as well as to the world at large.
This is done various ways in Sekhukhuneland congregation.
The Service and Witness Commission therefore:
- Promotes Spiritual and physical care for one another
- Cares for the suffering/poor and the sick
- Promotes Pastoral care
- Facilitates Diaconal relief
- Cares for the elderly
- Facilitates Community involvement and outreach projects
- Conducts workshops and seminars on issues such as substance abused crime prevention.
- Assists members of Church and Community living with HIV/AIDS
- Encourages involvement in Community Forums(E.g Police Forums)